London Lovin' (3)

The last time I went to London was to watch Les Misérables musical with my intern friends. We went on a Friday after work, checked into the hostel right away and then got ready. We decided to have dinner in China Town, in a Malaysian/Singaporean restaurant I went to previously as they are halal, relatively cheap, and the food are pretty good. China Town is also close to the theatre we needed to go so it was an easy choice. After dinner we met up with one of my friend's cousin who also joined us to watch the play. This was my very first play, I have wanted to go since a long time ago but didn't have a chance until now. We got a seat where we can see the whole stage so it was good. I was definitely mesmerised by the play, the actors and actresses singing and acting was amazing. It definitely made me want to watch other plays.

The next day, we met up with my boyfriend and we all had brunch. I wasn't too happy with the brunch. I felt like I could have made it myself at home with more flavour too. Because it was a busy morning, the service was slightly off. We asked for milk to go with the tea but the waiter gave us a glass of milk, we were like, umm what are we gonna do with a glass of milk?? After a conversation, he gave us a (much) smaller portion of milk afterwards.

We then went to Maitre Choux where I bought an (overpriced) eclair. It was really pretty though so I understand why it was that pricey. I'm starting to sound like a cheapskate but well, I'm a student :D I just wanted to try anyway cos otherwise I would just be curious. Afterwards, we went to Covent Garden, but not for long, and we had to separate as my friends were meeting up with their families. Me and my boyfriend decided to go to Bricklane to buy martabak manis, this was his choice and it was a good one too! It turned out that the martabak was sold in a building filled with other food stalls, so we also had lunch there, I think we bought Moroccan or Lebanese meal to eat between the two of us as it was so big! And then we had the martabak for dessert, which was also yummy, just like the one they sell in Indonesia.

We ended the day by going to Natural History Museum. Then for once, I didn't have to run back to the coach station as we left the museum with plenty of time before the coach departs.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.