Indoland!

To continue with the summer adventure, I went to Indonesia for around 38 days without my family, but I did have a friend with me. We decided that we were (of course) going to visit our family, but also had trip ourselves. So we went by Qatar Airways, and obviously being the plane nerd that I am, I chose the aircraft and seats. I have never been on a A380 so I wanted to go on an A380 this time around.

Fast forward, when we arrived in Soekarno Hatta International Airport, my friend met up with her cousin to fly straight to Belitung. I got picked up, and I went to one of my aunt's house in Jakarta region. I bought an Indonesian sim card that day but somehow the internet wouldn't work and I couldn't call anyone either, I could only send text messages. When my aunt came home from work, she gave me her spare sim card, but I still wanted to sort out my new sim card since I have already bought internet data on it. When I went back to the counter to sort it out, it turned out that I only needed to send a text message to a certain number *sigh*.

During my stay in Jakarta, I went shopping (so typical), went to the cinema to watch Alice Through The Looking Glass, met up with a friend I knew from Sheffield, met up with my high school friend, went on the KRL (the tram that goes around Jakarta) and bajaj for the first time. I then went to Bogor to visit my boyfriend's family and visited Kebun Raya Bogor, fed some deer through the gates to Istana Bogor, during which the President actually went pass. After Bogor, I went to Depok to visit another family member.

London from above

Kebun Raya Bogor
The next city I visited was Semarang. I have a few aunties and uncles in Semarang, and when I was still living in Indonesia I used to go to Semarang every Eid holiday. I went to Candi Gedong Songo, which was located in the mountain area. It was a bit of a hike, going from one candi (temple) to another. But the view was definitely worth it, and it was good to be walking again, since I didn't do much walking in the first week in Indonesia because I went by car everywhere. I also went to a festival thing, completely forgot what it was called.

Before the hike to see the temples

Temple number 2, and number 3 at the (far)back

Pretty lights at the festival
Carrying on from Semarang, I went to Bali with my aunt and cousins. This was my first time going to Bali. Everyone I know have been to Bali except me, so I was quite excited to go. It was only a short stay, I only had 1 day and 2 nights but it was a nice 'trailer' to what Bali is like. The first night I was there, my aunt took us to watch a theatre performance consisting of traditional dances from all around Indonesia. The next day, me and my cousins went to do water sport and it was crazy! We went on a 'donut boat', a 'flying fish', and parasailing. I don't know if I would do the donut boat and flying fish thing again, but I would definitely do parasailing again. Saying that, I didn't regret doing any of them, it was fun nevertheless. We then went to eat at 'Mak Beng', walked around Kuta, watched sunset and ate dinner at Bebek Tepi Sawah restaurant in one of the shopping mall in Kuta.

On the way to Bali

Devdan, Treasure of The Archipelago

Parasailing

Sunset in Kuta Beach

Bebek Tepi Sawah (yum!)
Right, I will continue in the next post, as there are much more to be told!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.