Paris, je t'adore

So, for my stay in Paris, I rented a one bedroom flat from Airbnb. I didn't know how else I was able to get a furnished place for 3 months, I tried looking online but I couldn't find any other site that was showing furnished rented places. Especially since many houses/flats in Airbnb provides kitchen utensils as well, which is very handy. Luckily, my company is paying for the accommodation, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford a one bedroom flat here, especially since I still have to pay my rent back home too.

I decided to explore Paris on Sunday as I didn't have anything to do at home anyway. Like most tourists, I started with the Eiffel Tower. I had a look online and there are a couple of places which will show you different perspectives of the tower but I decided to go to the most common one which is Trocadero. As expected, Trocadero was pretty busy but with patience you can still get a decent picture there. Afterwards, I wanted to go to Louvre Museum but rather than taking the metro, I decided to walk along the River Seine as there were quite a few iconic landmarks there.

It turned out that the tickets to Louvre Museum was sold out, which I was very surprised about, considering how big the museum is. I suppose they still have a limit for the tickets so that it doesn't get too crowded inside and people can still have a good experience exploring the museum, as well as health and safety. After all, it is the biggest art museum in the world! But as I found out later, I can go into the museum for free as I am under 26 and reside in the EU area (Brexit hasn't quite happened yet thankfully!). But also, there are certain times which is free for anyone, check their website to see the times. I will go inside some other time, I think it is a must when you are in Paris!

Eiffel Tower as seen from Trocadero

Eiffel Tower as seen from Trocadero

Trocadero

Eiffel Tower as seen from Pont Alexandre III

Pont Alexandre III 
Place de la Concorde

One wing of Louvre Museum

Entrance to Louvre Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.