Turning 27


 So.. I turned 27! Not telling you when because .. data privacy :P 

Anyway, thinking about age, I'm sure I'm not the only one when I say that I don't really feel any difference at this age compared to, for example, when I was 18. I don't feel like I've grown up. I suppose physically I don't really grow anymore, but mentally I don't either. But then when I see and hang out with people who are quite a few years younger than me, then I think okay yeah maybe I am getting old then. I suppose it is because for some things, it is a 'been there done that' case so sometimes I'm just not as interested or bothered as I would have been if I was that age. And I used to wonder why sometimes parents can't be bothered to do some things, for example roller coaster. I've started to use that "I'm too old for this" phrase, but thinking about it now, maybe I should stop!

Another thing that makes me feel old is when my sister would ask if I know about this app, or say some slang word, or talk about a certain trend, that I'm not familiar with, and furthermore I can't be bothered to explore and find out what they are. No wonder parents sometimes aren't as up to date.. I mean wow the trends between teenagers just keep changing even I can't keep up. I suppose my generation is the in between generation, I grew up with and without all these technologies. There was definitely no online school back then! But with COVID, I suppose it is quite fortunate that there are all these technologies so most kids can still learn online and a lot of people can still work from home. Of course, it is still very unfortunate for those who cannot.

I still remember when I was still at school, I felt that school was never ending. I was pretty excited to go into University, I think I was always looking forward to it. But now that formal education has ended, it's weird to have that choice of doing what you want to do, and quite confusing too in some ways because up until then you just kind of follow the norms. It's almost like your life has just started, or being reset, or I guess it is what it is, just entering a completely new phase. I'm talking about this like I just finished University yesterday, but it has actually been 4 years since I graduated (LOL). 

Last year, on my 26th birthday I was supposed to be doing a half marathon in an event, but it got cancelled due to COVID-19. This year, my husband had the idea of doing the half marathon on my birthday, but we already went out 2 days before so we decided not to go. But some days after, we decided to go for it, and I did my first ever half marathon in 2 hrs 15 mins! I am beyond happy and proud, and most importantly I felt good at the end of it and I wasn't put off, I would do it again especially if it was an event. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.