Something's cooking in the oven

Happy new year!

The past year seemed to have gone pretty fast, just like any other year to be fair, but it has been a year since I moved back to the UK! I have since gone back to work, mostly working from home though, I only go to the office when I have to. It's quite handy because it saves me commuting time, although my office is not too far, but it is still around 45 minutes by car during peak hours.

This year is going to be filled with a lot of new experiences though, as my husband and I are expecting a little one! Alhamdulillah, my pregnancy has gone pretty well, it was not too difficult. During the first trimester, I felt bloated and a bit nauseous but never to the point where I felt that I want to vomit. I didn't feel like eating big meals much, it was better to eat little and often. But other than that, it was alright, and I was able to continue running until the 4th month, although I only ran 5K once a week. I really don't know how women who are on their third trimester still run, I stopped on the 4th month because I felt that it was getting heavier on my pelvis when I ran. I still try to do walks, hikes, and swims since then though. Seeing the baby for the first time at the first ultrasound scan was amazing, to see the little heart beating, and the baby actually moves a lot which I didn't realise because until then I mostly see scan pictures rather than videos.

The second semester was definitely better, as people have said. My appetite was back, there were food didn't feel like eating during the first trimester that I don't mind anymore during the second. I felt more normal, if you will. I think it was during the second trimester too that I felt the baby's first movement when I was touching my belly, and I actually had a little happy tear coming out of my eyes. It was again, one of the most memorable moment, to feel that first movement and knowing the baby is okay. I had a second scan during the 5th month to ensure the baby's organs and bones are all OK, but the baby's position was not the right way round so the sonographer couldn't check the heart properly. So we had to go back for a third scan where luckily the baby's position was good, and Alhamdulillah baby is all OK, and growing well and steady.

The third trimester is also OK, but baby is getting bigger and I definitely feel it. It is more difficult to put on trousers, socks and shoes. I have a bit of pelvic pain when I stand up from sitting down, and at one point I also had the pelvic pain when walking. But it is not bad now, I only get it when standing up after sitting down. There was a time while I was shopping, I suddenly had sharp pains in the lower back, but it was only for that day, so the midwife said possibly the baby moved and hit a nerve. I had a glucose tolerance test to see if I have gestational diabetes, but Alhamdulillah the result came back good and I don't have it. Although, my iron level is below normal so I have to consume extra ferrous sulphate tablets. I don't eat much red meat, I don't enjoy it much so it is a bit difficult. I can feel the baby moves much more and the baby becomes more active. At times when the baby make sudden movements, it shocks me and I even feel like I want to pee! I can also see the baby's movement across my belly which seems a bit alien!

It is not long now until we meet the baby, insyaAllah. I managed to buy most baby things during the winter sale, but of course unsure if I have enough or not, but I didn't want to go overboard. I can't wait but of course there is always a little worry, but insyaAllah everything will go well and baby can be born well and healthy. It's going to be an exciting year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.