Something new!

Tomorrow will be day 1 of 365 days of my internship (okay less than 365 because of holidays but whatever). This is going to be a completely new experience for me, working in an global engineering company. Heck yes I am nervous, I don't know what they expect from me, what they think I know and understand. After 3 years of Aerospace Engineering I still know very very little (mostly because I forget things pretty easily). Though I am willing to learn, that's for sure.

I don't know what to expect as well in a way, what the working environment will be like, and such. I'm sure the people working there are nice, but you know, it will be very different from going to uni. I know I will have to work 35 hours every week, but at least once I'm home, I won't have to stress out about assignments and exams. In a way that kind of routine is more ideal than the university routine, where sometimes students don't sleep until early mornings because of deadlines. But then again, I guess it depends on how well you manage your time.

On a completely different note, I finally had a chance to visit Bristol Zoo, after living here for however many years. I knew what to expect in terms of the animals that are there, I knew it wasn't gonna be like the zoo in Bandung. The biggest animal in Bristol Zoo was a gorilla, and they also had cockroaches, mouse, ants... slightly strange I thought. There were a lot of animals too which weren't familiar. I guess it was because the animals came from all over the world. But nevertheless the way that the zoo was laid out was very nice, two thumbs up to whoever designed the landscape of the zoo. The entry fee wasn't too bad either, £14 for student, included 10% for donation. It took me and my friends around 4 hours to go around the whole zoo, and I don't mind going back there, maybe to have a little picnic too since there was a lot of nice spots for picnic. That day it wasn't too busy because school holiday hasn't started, and it was such a sunny day too. The funny thing is, I actually saw my brother who was on his school trip. He did tell me in the morning that he was going to the zoo, and I jokingly said if I could come. And then my friend suggested to go to the zoo so I ended up actually meeting him!





My friends and I weren't even planning to go to the zoo, but as always, spontaneous trips are the best ones! (because plans don't always go as you wish it to..)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.