Goodbye Summer (2)

I really should be writing my placement journal (3 months today of internship and I've still not submitted a single journal), but reminiscing summer is much funner (and depressing at the same time).

While my family went on holiday to Indonesia, my friend and her sister came to stay for a few days in Bristol. We went to Bath, and luckily it was a sunny day. Bath in a sunny day is so pretty and I could never get bored of Bath. As we arrived there, we got distracted by the shops and I ended up buying a few pieces of clothing. Afterwards we were on our way to the park by the waterfall, but then we went into Whittards, had a couple of sips of the white hot chocolate sample which was so good. I've been buying white hot chocolate whenever I go to a cafe (if they sell it), and Whittards' white hot chocolate is just right. I wanted to buy it but at the time I felt that it was quite expensive. But then of course it lingers on my mind and I've wanted to buy it ever since. Then a few weeks ago I got sent two packs of the exact white hot chocolate! Thank you, you :)

Going back to Bath, we then had lunch near the waterfall, but not in the park. We just sat down in the grass area I think was a roundabout but a lot of people were sitting there. We wanted to have afternoon tea at Sally Lunn's, but the queue was too long. So we decided to walk to the Royal Crescent and stayed there for a bit. It was getting slightly cold by this time, so we wanted to get tea but a lot of places were closed already. We went back to the bridge by the waterfall and there was a cafe right on the bridge. I had Earl Grey and scones, they weren't the greatest but the view definitely made up for it.




I also visited Sheffield on one of the weekends since there was no point staying by myself in Bristol. While up north, I wanted to visit Whitby but the journey would take too long. The weather that weekend was not great, it was going to rain in and around Sheffield so Peak District was not an option. I tried to find somewhere close that was sunny and ended up with Hull. I don't know why but I've always thought that Hull wouldn't be a good city, but I was wrong. Hull was pretty big and there were a few places to visit as well. There were quite a few museums, one of the best ones was Streetlife Museum. The museum showed what the transport, shops, and street life in general was like back in the old times. There was an aquarium called The Deep, which I thought was alright for the price they charged. As Hull is located by an estuary, there was also a harbour (still think the one in Bristol is better though ;D). Afterall it was quite a good city to visit, and it was not too busy either. 







...to be continued on Goodbye Summer (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.