Let's go to Legoland!

I know I was gonna write Goodbye Summer (3), but as per usual, things came up, this and that, and I didn't get around to writing it. To write it now would be way too late. And, I want to talk about a visit me and my family had to none other than...Legoland! Yep, even from the name I get excited. The land of Lego, ooooh!

So the reason behind the visit was because it was my little brother's birthday. Since I took my sister and brother out to cinema, followed with a family meal on my sister's birthday, I thought I'd treat my brother to something as well. Because we had not been to Legoland, so I thought we'd go to Legoland for a day out. It wasn't too far either, located near Surrey as I remember it. Before coming, I had a look at the website so I know what I was expecting. Yes, Legoland is targeted for children so the rides were all suited to little kids, only one or two that was slightly adrenaline pumping. But I thought it would be fun anyway looking at all of the Lego.

At arrival, you could see the overview of the park as the entrance was quite high up. You could even see Windsor Castle in the distance. Looking from the top, I could see that the theme park wasn't that big. After all it wasn't Alton Towers, which I still find quite extraordinary how big it actually is, after visiting there 4/5 times.


We went on a wet ride right away as I thought it was better to get wet first so that we could dry off throughout the day. The wait in the queue wasn't too bad, only around 30 minutes. Afterwards, we went into the maze, and we split up as per the request of my brother. He was first to get out of the maze, of course, since he was so annoyingly competitive. We didn't manage to get on many rides since some of the queue was long or my brother was scared to go on the rides (I never thought my brother was scared of rides, even when they're designed to be not that scary). There was also Miniland, which is city models made up of lego. In my opinion this was the best part of the theme park.





The day ended with a firework display, which I have to say was pretty awesome. It lasted around 15 minutes and there were some big fireworks as well. The fireworks really made the visit worth the money! Overall it was a good day, although I wish the theme park would be bigger, as there was a lot of visitors, and at some point it was quite packed with people. It would also be good to have more places to eat, as there seems to be queues in every places to eat!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.