J'ai déménagé... à Grenoble!


If you're wondering what the title means... it means I've moved... to Grenoble!

So I know I have been posting about travels from the past, I just thought they are blog post worthy and I have been terrible at posting, so I thought better late than never. But I have actually moved to Grenoble since last November, accompanying my husband here.

Grenoble is a city in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region of France, and yes, that means it is surrounded by mountains. It's actually very convenient for my husband and I as we love hiking, we always try to hike during our free time. In winter, the mountains are covered with snow and it was beautiful, albeit making it a bit more difficult to hike. We also took weekly skiing lesson which was supposed to last until March but they had to cancel the last few lessons due to COVID-19. But we really enjoyed skiing, we (just about) managed to do the blue piste, fell a bunch of times too, but hey who doesn't when you're a beginner right? (probably a bunch of people...).

I am still learning French, I attend two classes weekly, but I feel like I'm progressing very slowly. I should probably try to speak French more but it's too daunting a lot of the times. A lot of people here don't speak English so I often have to speak French when going to shops etc, and people usually notice straightaway that I don't speak French, but they tell me that I speak really well, which I appreciate a lot as it boosts my confidence slightly (even though I know my French is terrible).

Anyway, we have been in lockdown for 2 months now, but it will be eased on the 11th of May. We'll see if that happens, and let's hope the situation will be a lot better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.