Re-confinement

The increase of COVID-19 positive cases in France is currently at its highest, with the number reaching around 52000 positive cases within 24 hours some days ago. So the government has decided to do another lockdown, for around 4 weeks to start with. I'm personally sort of okay with it, we've done it before, we can do it again. I'm probably most gutted about not being able to spend the weekends cycling and hiking and being in nature because the rule is you can only go out within 1km from your house for exercise. I guess we can only hope that this lockdown will work like the first one, as the first one worked pretty well at getting the numbers down. Although I don't know if there is a factor of 'fear' during the first one as the virus was new, which made people stick to the rules more. But hopefully this time around people will obey the rules as well even if we are kind of getting used to this new normal.

Yesterday, the day before the lockdown, the streets and city centre were so busy. Pubs, cafes, restaurant and of course, shops were bustling. Everyone is trying to get their last hurrah before the confinement. My husband said it's like new year's eve or something outside. Well, my husband and I were included in the many people trying to buy things before the confinement. We went to Decathlon to buy ping pong kits, Gibert Joseph to buy puzzles, and Hema to buy snacks. Hema actually had an offer of buy 1 get 1 free for all their food products, so we ended up buying more than we intended to. You can say we are now prepared for the lockdown on the snack and games front!

Well, we'll see how this is gonna go. I will try to do exercise still, maybe go back to yoga again as I did back in the first lockdown. Gotta make sure those snacks are not just building up in my body and gain lockdown weights...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.