Let it snow


Last weekend, it was snowing pretty heavily in Grenoble. I was at home but of course my husband and I had to go outside for a walk. It has been a while since my last snowfall. Yes I played and walked in snow last winter but I didn't experience the snowfall itself. I think the last snowfall I had was back in Gloucester, when it snowed heavily in March/April, which was pretty strange since it was supposed to be the end of winter/the start of spring.

The next morning, we decided to go to Bastille, hoping to see the sunrise and snow capped mountain. We left after morning prayer and hiked in the dark. However when we arrived, it was very foggy, we couldn't even see the city. We decided to continue to hike up to Mont Jalla and the snow was even thicker there, however it was still foggy. I couldn't believe that there were still people running up to the mountain in the snow. There were even people who were already going down when we were going up.

We were hoping that the fog would clear up, and decided to continue walking up towards Mont Rachais. And sure enough, before we even reached the summit, we were out of the fog and there was a magnificent view of the other mountain ranges and a sea of clouds. We decided to turn back rather than reaching the summit as the view from the summit would be very similar anyway, and my husband's knee is still recovering so we didn't want to risk too much. The path to Mont Rachais was made slightly trickier because a lot of tree branched curved down and blocked the way, due to the snow staying on top of each branch. There was also an incident where I was just standing under a tree, and suddenly I was showered with a lot of snow, it felt like a mini avalanche (not that I've been in an avalanche, hopefully never will..). Hiking in snow sure is fun but you do get cold hands and feet afterwards, although the scenery seems really dreamy and it is worth it, but I still prefer hiking in summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.