A week I'd like to rewind (1)

So here I am, sitting in my room, on a (rather cold) Monday night. Writing a blog post instead of writing up my assignments, notes from lecture, or something uni-related.

I've found myself looking back at  pictures from the week after exam, before the second semester of this fun third year of University starts. The week where I spent 5 days wandering through unfamiliar cities and only stayed 2 days in the flat (only because my body was screaming for some rest even though I would like to go to some other new places). So this blog post is dedicated to that one week where I released exam stresses, trying not to worry about the results, and enjoy the (much needed) break before starting the new semester.

Saturday, 31st January 2014
Last day of exam (Aerodynamics Design, if you wanted to know -probably not- which did not go well, but let's not get into that). Being the good team player that I am (pfft), I went to angklung practice straight after. To be honest playing angklung is quite relaxing, so I didn't have a problem going to practice after exam. After practice, I really didn't feel like going back to the flat because my room was like a paper factory, except that it was worse because all those papers would remind me of all the exams. A friend of mine wanted to watch the football match, and so we went to The Beehive in West Street to watch it, accompanied by a couple of J2Os (Chelsea v ManCity, 1-1, just FYI). By the time the match was finished, it was 8pm so of course dinner was needed. Went around a couple of places but it was busy everywhere since it was Saturday night. At the end we went to U Buffet, West Street (it was alright, still preferred some other buffets I've been to).

Sunday, 1st February 2014
The initial plan was to have lunch with a friend, however she cancelled it, and so I decided to join some friends for a hike (yes I think it should count as a hike) in Hathersage, Peak District. I knew that the terrain would be quite tricky especially that there were snow, but I've got no proper walking boots so I just wore my running trainers (even though I've worn them to Peak District before and they nearly didn't survive). Arriving at Hathersage, I realised that I have underestimated the amount of snow that settled in the Peak District area. It did snow a lot that week, but in Sheffield it was all melted so I thought the snow in Peak District wouldn't be too bad. As we tried to go up to the Stanage Edge, we couldn't quite find the proper route, so we took an unconventional route up a steep hill (?) where the snow was as high as my knee! Honestly, I don't think I've ever had a walk that difficult. All "thanks" to my adventurous friends.. (just kidding, I really did enjoy the hike, the view was mesmerizing and I needed the hike anyway after all the biscuits/chocolates/sweets during exam period).



Monday, 2nd February 2014
I decided to go to Lincoln since I've never been and I heard that it is quite a nice little town. I went with my flatmates + coursemate, and as usual not knowing where to go when we arrived in Lincoln. So we strolled around the city centre and decided to have lunch at Subway, while I texted my friend who lives in Lincoln, asking about the tourist attractions. After lunch we went to Steep Hill, there was cobbled streets with rows of one-off independent shops on each sides, it was indeed really pretty. They weren't joking about the name 'Steep Hill' though, it really was steep (but of course living in Sheffield we can basically write a book titled "How to walk on steep roads 101"). At the top of the hill, there was a castle and cathedral, the cathedral being one of the largest in UK (if I'm not mistaken). Unfortunately the castle was closed, but we did go into the cathedral (didn't have a tour though, cheapskates). After a long photo session in front of the cathedral, we met up with my friend who lives in Lincoln and he took us to the pier, as the sun was setting. There was still a bit of time before we have to catch the train so we went to Costa for a nice cuppa (as the snow/hail was falling outside, no kidding).




(to be continued on "A week I'd like to rewind (2)")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.