Bits and bobs of today


The clock currently shows that it is 22:58. A part of me wants to go to sleep, the other part of me doesn't. Going to sleep means that Saturday has finished, and when I wake up tomorrow I will have to do work. First world problems...

I have just came back from watching the last film of The Hobbit series, and I feel there wasn't enough going on. I feel like the last film could have just joined to the second one, the last one by itself is too short, not enough content. But now that The Hobbit is finished, I really want to watch the Lord of the Rings all over again and feel satisfied when I remember bits and pieces of one film in the other.

Oh and if you were wondering why have I just watched the film (tbh you probably weren't wondering that), it's because I am not a fan of waiting a whole year for movie installments, so when the first film came out I thought I'd wait until all 3 have came out and then I'll watch all of them. But then when the third one came out I still haven't watched the first two so I missed watching it in the cinema. But then, the Film Unit at the university were showing it, for just £2.50, so all's good. It is just like watching in the cinema, with a third of the price (even though it comes out a couple of months late, but I don't mind).

Earlier today, at my usual Oxfam shift, there was a new girl on her first day who told me about this new dessert place that just opened up nearby. I was too excited, and after I finished my shift I was too hungry that I just wanted to try out this new place even though I knew I was going to be late for angklung practice (good enough excuse right, who can resist desserts). As my friend and I arrived at the place, I ordered a panna cotta but they didn't have it since it was their opening day so I guess they weren't prepared for everything. So only my friend's cake was ordered (which I ended up eating). But then the lady came again and offered a complimentary drink of my choice since they didn't have the panna cotta. My friend and I then bravely ordered the hot chili chocolate, which came with a 'warning' from the waitress that it is not the usual hot chocolate. Now, I knew this hot chocolate would be slightly weird, but my oh my it was slightly beyond my expectation. It actually had chili pieces/cuttings in the cup. So yeah, the taste of the chili was pretty strong. At the start, when the drink was still hot, it did taste nice. But as the drink got colder it tasted a bit too strongly of chili. I am one who likes consuming strange food and drink but even for me that was a bit too much, and so I wrote a note on the tissue telling them to maybe put less chili and not to put the actual chili in there. Other than that, the cake was quite delicious, as you can see from the picture below (although I admit I am never good at taking food pictures).


Well this is just a bit of an easy write of how my day was, just because I am trying not to go to sleep. Such a non-stressful day, but all things must come to an end... (aka library day tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.