A look back


It is the last week of 2015, and I thought I'd look back into this year. At the start of the year, I didn't think year 2015 would be that special, but I was wrong. This year has been a roller coaster, full of smiles and tears, the tears are pretty much because I'm such a cry baby though..

There were some firsts:
1. Came back from Umrah at the start of the year. It was my very first time going for Umrah, and I have since long to come back to Mecca and Medina again.
2. Went to my very first assessment centre related to an engineering job, or rather, internship
3. I got the job! So it was again, my very first time working in an engineering company
4. Got a surprise for the first time for my birthday
5. First time going in a flying laboratory (basically an aircraft doing manoeuvres)
6. First time watching the Night Glow in the Balloon Festival
7. Ran 5K for the very first time
8. Ran and walked from home to city centre for the very first time
9. First time going go-karting
10. Had a three course Christmas meal for the first time (had to put it in the list)

There were trips:
11. Went to Stanage Edge when it was covered in deep snow
12. Visited Bakewell and bought a quite nice white chocolate cake thing rather than a bakewell tart
13. Went to Edale to go to Kinder Scout but ended up climbing a hill which wasn't Kinder Scout and got a rather beautiful view
14. Visited Liverpool and got educated on the Beatles. Can't remember anything but I've decided that the Beatles songs are quite catchy
15. Visited Nottingham, went to Batman's house, ate a burger with peanut butter and jam filling
16. Went to Alton Towers and went on 10+ rides
17. Visited Hull to see some fish and penguins in The Deep
18. Visited Lincoln and York to chill after exams
19. Visited London to eat some overpriced-but-really nice lobster roll, had afternoon tea in a pink room and went to egg-shaped toilet
20. Went to Cardiff and finally knew where the Millennium Centre is
21. Visited Manchester to have an annual visit to the Christmas Market

Other unforgettable things:
22. Performed samba drumming in various gigs with UoS Samba Bateria
23. Performed angklung with Indosoc
24. A lot of late nights in the library doing assignments and studying for exams

There are many more things that I could list and I might have forgotten, but it sure was a hell of a year. There is one thing, which made the year nothing like the years I've had before:

25. I fell in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.