Of little houses and hills

After a few days of staying at home for Christmas break, I decided to find somewhere to go to kill the boredom of just watching movies after movies (well OK I do love the endless good movies on TV at Christmas time). Me and my mum had been wanting to go to Bourton-on-the-Water, so we decided to go there, with the whole circus gang of course.

It took us slightly over 1 hour to get there. We were welcomed in the town with pretty scenery in the centre of the town. I've googled the town and one of the places to visit was Model Village. So we went there right away,  and it turned out that Model Village is actually a model of Bourton-on-the-Water. It was quite a detailed and accurate model of the town, it had the same shops and buildings as the actual town.




Afterwards, we had a walk around the town, mainly in the centre, it was quite small but there were clearly other tourists visiting as well. There were cute little independent shops, ice cream cafes, but most of them were closed possibly because it was the day after Christmas. There was a small river flowing near the main road, with a few bridges for pedestrian as well as cars. The river was really, shallow, little kids were playing there. I'd say the town was dainty, full of objects to adore and take pictures of. There was not one corner that did not look nice. That day was Boxing Day, and I was definitely rather be in that town than go shopping in a crowded shopping centre. 







A few days after, the forecast said it would be a sunny(spells) day, so I wanted to have another day out again. My brother and sister wanted to go on a walk, so I tried to find places nearby that was good for a walk. I found a place in Cotswold called Cleeve Hill, and according to google images you can see a good view from up the hill so I thought that the family should go there, and the drive there wasn't too bad at only 1 hour.

We arrived there and went up to the hill straight away. What I didn't know was that it was going to be SO windy up in the hill. We walked against the wind as well which made it worse. Also, the hill doubled up as a golf course too so there were golfers and at times people would tell us to quickly walk because they were about to hit the ball. Because of the wind, we decided to have a short walk instead. Nevertheless, we were still able to see beautiful scenery from up the hill. 




I do want to go to one more day out at least, before going back to work next week. Why does 2 weeks break have to go so fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.