Life since the new year


It's been a while since I wrote a post. I thought I'd write a post on how things are going.

Since the new year I've been working in the Structures Analysis team within the Landing Gear department, and I will stay in this team for the rest of my internship. It is a much smaller team compared to my previous team, so the way things are done are quite different, which is just what I wanted, to get an exposure of the different ways of working and type of jobs within the company. 

I went to Sheffield to be a mentor in Engineering You're Hired, which a week-long project all the engineering and computer science students have to take in their second year of university. They are divided into teams to design something, there is a particular project brief assigned to each team. Most students would feel that this week is quite boring (I thought the same too), but I just tried to convince them that this programme will be useful for CVs and interviews, I definitely talked about it in my interviews.

While I was in Sheffield I also went to sign my house contract for next year. I am sharing 2 bedroom flat with one other friend, and I'm quite happy with the house. From the pictures, the flat looks decent, and although it takes a bit of a walk from University, there is a bus stop and Tesco Express located 3 minutes (or less) away from the flat. I'm quite excited for next year, even though I know that I will have to do piles of essays and a dissertation, but I'm looking forward to have the independence of living by myself again.

I can't wait to wander around new places. New sights, different feelings, different excitements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.