Brizzzle

A couple of Fridays ago, I wanted to get away somewhere. I was going to go straight to the train station straight from work (half day on Fridays!) get a ticket to somewhere close to Bristol and explore. However, I thought there were also parts of Bristol I've not explored, so I ended up just catching the bus to town. I wanted to explore Clifton since all these times I've been there on a transportation, and I wanted to walk around this time around.

As I arrived in town, I grabbed my favorite meal deal from Tesco; prawn layered salad, flame grilled steak McCoys and Ribena. I sat on a bench at College Green, and I was hoping that the sun would stay. But the weather that day was strange, one minute the sun was shining, the next it was sleet and rain. It got a bit cold so I ate quickly, and then I started walking. I saw that the Bristol Cathedral was open for visitor at the time, so I decided to go in. The architecture inside (and outside) was amazing, I've always wondered how did people built it back in the olden days.
 



I then carried on walking towards Clifton. I wanted to go there because from the Harbourside you can see colourful houses, and I wanted to take pictures of the houses up close. I went to an area called Cliftonwood, and it turns out there were rows of colourful houses. Seeing them in the sunshine was so nice and it just made me feel happy, as cheesy as that sounds. As Cliftonwood  was located on a hill, I was also able to see one side of Bristol from above. I carried on walking and ended up in Clifton Village. I also went past Royal York Crescent which was a crescent of apartments.









Hopefully with the spring finally here, the sun will show itself more often and I can go on more walk to discover Bristol a little bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.